Monday, March 21, 2011

Taking the Plunge for a Toilet Seat

In preparation for hand/wrist surgery in a few days to release my nagging trigger fingers and cranky carpal tunnel, I bought a luxury toilet seat/bidet. I wanted one anyway, but the limitations on my hand use for a week or two gave me a great excuse to take the plunge. The "seating unit" was $650, which is a lot for a toilet seat, but wait --- there's more! An electrician (at $110/hr) has to run a dedicated circuit from the breakers on the furthermost end of the house, which involves a lot of messy work, including cutting a hole into the wall in my bathroom for access to drill a big hole through the firewall crosspiece inside the wall. I'll have to patch up and paint the wall later (sigh).

Boy, this seat better be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment